How We Work
Khai Tzedek offers a confidential service which is underpinned by the building of trust between client and advocate. We have a person-centred approach which means that we work with our clients and only act with their consent. There are safeguards, procedures, and standards in place to ensure best practice and accountability.We have chosen to adopt and work towards the following codes of practice:
- Advocacy QPM Code of Practice (2014) and National Advocacy Standards
- Human Trafficking Foundation Survivor Care Standards
- SCIE Good Practice in Social Care for Refugees & Asylum Seekers
What We Can Do
Our service is flexible and we respond to a person’s individual circumstances, including their spiritual, emotional and physical needs. We help survivors to understand the various aspects of a human trafficking and / or asylum claim and ensure that their rights are upheld within the process.
Specific tasks may include the following (please note this list is not exhaustive):
- Finding access to a solicitor or barrister and supporting through the legal system
- Advocacy and support through the asylum process, including at appeal hearings
- Helping to secure other services (e.g. mental health support, parenting assistance, education, counselling)
- Accessing interpreters
- Integrated move-on support to empower the individual to manage everyday life
We always promote the person’s choice in decision making. Having an advocate helps people to gain confidence and be empowered to support themselves.
We work with other professionals, agencies, and individuals to help secure the best response for the person.
Please contact us if you would like further details about our services.